Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Single Egg Dilemma

On Sunday we had some friends over for dessert, that morning I woke up realizing that we had only one egg in the house! Why does this always happen on Sundays when the fact I live 3 blocks away from a grocery store doesn't matter?! And the only things that come to mind for desserts call for at least 2 eggs?! Well thanks to the wonderful world of Allrecipes.com I was saved with an egg and oil free dessert option, that included chocolate (I guess it wouldn't really be dessert without chocolate) Well here is that wonderful thing...

Easy Chocolatly Brownies
1 package of instant pudding mix (theirs called for chocolate, I used butterscotch)
2 cups milk
1 boxed cake mix (they called for chocolate, but others would be good to depending on pudding choice)
2 cups chocolate chips or mix match m&ms I used butterscotch and regular

Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 15x10 pan, (I used a smaller one so that they would be thicker) (be warned they grow while baking)
Prepare pudding as directed on box.
Stir in cake mix, once well blended, mix in chocolate chips(I used butter scotch here)
Pour batter into pan. Put in m&ms or wait for chocolate chips and use as the frosting.
Bake 25-30 minutes, until knife comes out clean. Cool.

These are gooey, and wonderful, consume with caution...

No comments:

Post a Comment