Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Swiss Miss or is it better?

I used up all of my hot chocolate mix from my can this morning and I was so sad because I hate buying because I mean really I have all of the basic ingredients in my cupboard! So I looked up a recipe to make it myself, it says it is Swiss Miss but really it tastes more like the stuff Mom makes on the stovetop.

Mom Style Swiss Miss

1 cup powdered milk
1/2 cup sugar
6 Tablespoons cocoa powder

Mix them altogether and then sift it together 3 times. This does matter I tried to avoid it but it wasn't mixed as well so just do it and it will be better in the end. Also make sure to put it in a tight-lidded container because the powdered milk can pick up the moisture from the wonderful humidity from this time of year.

I found this recipe on copykat.com, the original was doubled from this but this fits in my old can better than having it doubled.

No comments:

Post a Comment