Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Alfredo Sauce

Ingredients

1/2 butter
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 cups heavy cream-I use what I have but I have also made it with 1% milk and it is fine
1/4 teaspoon of pepper-fancy use white, cheap use black
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese-I use the stuff in the green bottle, the kind that used on pizza
3/4 cup mozzarella cheese

Directions

Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium/low heat. Add the garlic, cream/milk, pepper and simmer, stirring often. Add the Parmesan cheese and simmer sauce for 8-10 minutes or until thickened and smooth (I always have to do it longer because of the milk). When thickened add the Mozzarella cheese and stir until smooth. STIR FREQUENTLY. Now is the time to cook the noodles and get everything ready.

I found this recipe while searching a few weeks ago for what I wanted in the sauce. This comes from Better than Olive Garden Alfredo Sauce Recipe from the user Parkers Mom on RecipeZaar. Oh and scary thing about this website is that it gives you a nutritional analysis of the recipe-I wouldn't suggest looking...

No comments:

Post a Comment