Saturday, March 24, 2012

Homemade Granola

Ingredients

4 cups rolled oats (not the quick cooking)
1 cup nuts (I use walnuts because they are cheap)
1/2 cup shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
1/4 cup sunflower, pumpkin or flax seeds
1/2 cup maple syrup (I use breakfast syrup)
2 Tablespoons Canola Oil
1/2 teaspoon salt

Directions

Preheat oven to 350.  Mix the ingredients together, either in a bowl or on the baking sheet. Bake, tossing once, until crispy and golden, 25-30 minutes.

Optional add dried fruit after the cooking is complete.  Let cool.

I have made this recipe quite a bit.  We eat it with yogurt or alone for a quick snack.  I never remember to add the fruit but it is really good without it too.  Just don't mix the fruit in before you bake it.  I adapted my recipe from here

No comments:

Post a Comment