Sunday, June 21, 2009

cherry pineapple pie

I decided to make Phil one of his favorites foods last week and made pie.  We have a pie cherry tree in the backyard so I got up there and picked just enough cherries for a pie.  I also had pineapple so I put them together to make a pie.  Phil really enjoyed it but I didn't eat any of it.  I am just not a big pie fan.  I got this recipe from allrecipes.com from Carolyn Bartley.

Cherry Pineapple Pie
1 cup sugar
1/3 cup flour
 1/8 teaspoon salt
2  (14.5 oz) cans pitted cherries 
2 (8 oz) can crushed pineapple drained
3 drops almond extract
1 pastry for double crust pie
2 TBS butter
1 TBS milk
additional sugar for crust

Combine the sugar, flour and salt.  Stir in cherries, pineapple, and extract.  Line a 9 inch pie pan with the crust.  Fill with fruit mixture top with the butter.  Top with lattice crust.  Brush with milk and sprinkle with sugar.  Bake at 375 for 50-60 minutes or until bubbly and golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment