Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Kickin' Corn Chowder

I got this recipe in an email newsletter yesterday from Ball (the canning people). I needed a quick dinner so I tried it, Phil even liked it though it was a soup.

Ingredients
2 tablespoons butter
1 small onion
1 bell pepper (green or red)
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup Mild Salsa
1 can chicken broth
1 can whole corn
1 can creamed corn
1 can diced green chilies-I used a banana pepper because it is all I had and it was a hot pepper
1/2 cup milk
1/2 shredded 4 blend Mexican cheese
crushed tortilla chips

How to:
Melt butter in medium saucepan and saute onion, and bell pepper; cook until clear. Add flour and cook for 1 minute. Add salsa, broth, corn, creamed corn, chilies, and milk. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer for 15 minutes. Stir in cheese in the last 5 minutes. Serve topped with the tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment