Wednesday, September 9, 2009

whole wheat pie crust

We went to the farmers market on Saturday with Phil's family and I decided to buy a pie pumpkin because I love pumpkin pie and I've never actually made one from a real pumpkin and not a can. Sunday afternoon I decided to make my pie and I wanted a whole wheat pie crust for my pie so I found one.

Whole Wheat Pie Crust
1/2 Cup Shortening
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
dash of salt
3 Tablespoons cold water

Blend together flour, shortening, and salt with pastry blender until it is the size of peas. Mix in the water a Tablespoon at a time. Roll out to 1/8 to 1/4 inch thick.

It should make a 9 inch pie-crust for the bottom only. I don't know what the website was that I found this on, but you can find it after looking it up on bing.

No comments:

Post a Comment