1/2 cup cheese crackers, it says to count 30 crackers, I guessed...
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 tbsp canola oil
1 onion, diced
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp cumin
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can corn, drained
1 cup salsa
4 oz cream cheese
*Preheat oven to 350
1. Crunch crackers into crumbs, either by hand, blender or food processor.
2. Combine butter and crumbs. Press into pie plate to make the crust. Bake in preheated oven for 8 minutes or until golden.
3. Heat oil in skillet over stove, add onion until soft. Add garlic and cumin, while stirring cook for 1 minute.
4. Add bean, corn, and salsa. Bring to a boil. Add cream cheese, cook while stirring until it is melted and mixture holds together, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
5. Put the filling into the crust and bake for 10 minutes.
I got this recipe from one of my favorite cook books The Convenience Cook, by Judith Finlayson. It has recipes that use tons of canned and frozen food to make it go faster. It also gives ideas for different ways to speed it up more or to change the flavor some.