1 acorn squash, halved and seeded
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup white flour
7 cups water
1. Cook acorn squash. Either roast it in the oven for about 45 minutes or cook it in the micro with some water on the bottom of a pyrex dish and cut slits into it and cook for 5 minutes on high. Check and if not tender try another 5 minutes.
2. Scrape out squash with ice cream scoop or a grapefruit spoon works wonders too. Place into nice sized bowl.
3. Stir garlic, salt, egg and whole wheat flour into bowl. Add white flour in slowly, until you have a sticky, yet manageable texture.
4. Make gnocchi. Roll into ropes about the width the size of a quarter and slice of little chucks roll into small ropes and make it look like a ribbon for awareness of something. That's how mine looked you can try something else if you'd like.
5. Boil water. Add pasta one at a time to pot. Cook until they are totally floating on the top, and don't sink back down.
We had our with the Alfredo Sauce, but anything would be great.